Feb 23 2020
.You only get one chance to launch a New product
If you tell buyers your product is good, what can you do to prove it? Produce an immersive experience. Prove to them your promises are real and better yet, let them discover it for themselves. LOOK Marketing, a Space Coast creative idea and strategic marketing agency, recently won awards for Best B2B activation and Best Event for our Sea-Doo ‘More Than Donuts Experience.’
The other key opportunity a new product launch provides is launching the go-to-market creative campaign in a manner that’s remarkable. For 2020 our professional friends at Sea-Doo launched a new family oriented watercraft with the creative campaign focussing on donuts as the key visual. We took the donut creative theme and built the experience around that. The event guests would not only see the campaign but live it, smell it, taste it, and feel it.
Proving it’s So Much More Than Donuts
The 2020 line of Sea-Doo watercraft was launched at Club BRP, the recreation product giant’s global dealer meeting taking place in Las Vegas. LOOK is the outdoor event marketing agency for the global leading Sea-Doo brand. We were tasked to produce the test ride experience where over 2400 dealers from around the world converge to see the new model year products. Here they would test ride the Sea-Doo to see if the product lived up to the promises and then place their wholesale order that accounts for $1billion in revenue for BRP. The Test Ride experience was key to the success of the new Sea-Doo GTI model launch with he dealer network. We had to prove this new watercraft expanded the on-board experience. We had to prove it was so much more than donuts.
Here’s our highlight video of the Sea-Doo ‘More Than Donuts’ Experience. This is our double award winning project.
We served nearly 900 pink frosted donuts to dealers from the famous Las Vegas Pink Box Donuts at our pop-up ‘Doo-Nut’ truck. The Doo-Nut stop also served as a social activation for dealers to share on their social pages. Followed by four experience stations that dealer guests participated in to gain strategic insights and first hand, or first butt, experience on the new watercraft. And all station were strategically designed for maximum efficiency to safely process the large number of guests, while offering a fun an immersive experience. An epic location like Lake Las Vegas with great weather also greatly contributed to the success of producing a Best Event.
Neptune Award and Addy Gold for BEST B2B and Best Event
At the 2020 Miami International Boat Show LOOK Marketing won two Neptune Awards. One for BEST B2B for the Sea-Doo ‘More Than Donuts’ Experience. The Neptune Awards are presented by the Marine Marketers of America organization to celebrate the best marketing campaigns and activations in the Marine Industry. These are LOOK Marketing’s fifth and sixth Neptune Awards, and includes wins in five different marketing categories. The ‘More Than Donuts’ Experience also won a Gold Addy from the American Advertising Federation (the AAF) Space Coast of Florida Chapter for Best Event.
Great Experiences are those that connect all the dots and tap into emotions. And it’s said the way to your heart is through your stomach. Delicious donuts help. And showing the new Sea-Doo GTI watercraft is so much more than donuts contributed to record orders.
Help your brand connect with your audience in a deeper, more emotional level. Give them an experience they’ll feel, remember and share. Share your brand’s experience. If you need help. #lookatus
Dec 09 2019
CAN-AM SPYDER RT Experience Specialists
LOOK Marketing is searching for our next set of Spark Plugs to lead our experiential event execution of Can-Am Spyder RT Trials across five US regions. We are looking to fill our ‘Great Lakes’ region team that includes stops in PA, OH, MI, IL, and WI and our Florida+ Team lead. We’re looking for energetic, driven, reliable, engaging, safety minded, ready to see the country and handlebar vehicle loving human experience specialist.
The two-person team will travel to BRP/Can-Am on-road dealers as Spyder Specialists. Teams will conduct on-road dealer training and providing an exceptional on-road experience for current and potential Can-Am Spyder RT owners/consumers. The ideal contracted candidates will be road warriors with a passion for travel and sharing that passion for the road with others.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
On-Road Experience Specialist
- Manage mobile event package (Ram 2500 and 28’ enclosed event trailer with four 2020 demo units) maintaining event equipment and safely driving truck/trailer package from dealership event to dealership event, sometimes through busy city traffic.
- Strategically manage tour/travel logistics
- Provide product training to dealership staff – we will train you.
- Strategically manage on-site operations at brand dealerships – brand-defining set-up, strategically design on-road experience, manage support staff.
- Lead group rides – must have motorcycle license
- Manage registration and data capture equipment and lead post event reporting
- Engage consumers as a brand specialist – with expert product knowledge – we will train you.
- Portray the Spyder RT life – a tinge of gray and some experience wrinkles, with a few 1000 miles experience behind handlebars a plus.
- Must be a people person and enjoy living on the road for extended periods of time.
- Physically capable of lifting event equipment up to 100 pounds and working outside in occasional cold and hot conditions.
- Must have some Powersports industry knowledge and MacGyver skills
Project Regions – Updated December 23
- West Coast, Texas+, and Minnesota+ Tours – Filled
- Great Lakes Tour will include 16 events and kickoff in Ohio mid-March going through August 1 – with Easter and July 4thweek(ends) off.
- We are also looking for an experienced Event professional to be the LEAD for our Florida+ team. Space Coast based would be huge plus.
- We pay for flights/travel home for the Holiday breaks and off weekends.
All tours will include one-week of product and event production training prior to start. Events are Wednesday-Saturday with Sunday-Tuesday travel and/or off days
Experience Specialist Compensation:
- Team Lead Role $1200-$1400 per week based on experience and ability
- Team Support Role $900-$1100 per week based on experience and ability
- Full Travel Expenses Budget
- Performance Bonuses
Integrity, Energy and Passion are required in that order! The experience specialist must be motivated to live and work in an ever-changing environment and deliver projects at an award-winning level our clients expect and deserve.
Get ready to leverage your passion for the road, meeting new people, sharing your love for recreational products. Dig into your creativity, and business acumen to take both our business and your career to new places. LOOK recognizes that talent is the key to its success. Bring your passion for providing exceptional customer experiences and join a dynamic team that values the entrepreneurial spirit!
Please forward your pitch and resume for our on-road Experience Specialist to Info@look-marketing.com for consideration.