Sep 08 2021
We’re looking for a marketing communications and PR professional who has passion and the magical ability to generate earned media in recreational product, lifestyle, machinery, and hospitality industries. Our ‘Spark Plug’ must be a good storyteller and have a passion for machines and experiences that move you physically and emotionally. We’re looking for a good person that will make our clients job easier and makes them say, “WOW.”
Our PR Spark Plug will be a strong point person to help lead our earned media and special project efforts to ensure people LOOK. Based on Florida’s Space Coast, we launch marketing efforts that span across North America. The brands we represent are strong, led by smart people and solid backing and support… It’s a cool gig for a pro with white-collar smarts and blue collar work ethic and deep pride. You need to love the accelerator and leading the pack, in business and life.
Description of the Communications & PR position responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and maintains promotional communications activities and projects to keep the public informed of our clients’ stories, accomplishments, programs, and point of view; to include preparation and distribution of information, content creation leadership to ensure the public message/image is aligned with client strategies.
- Manage the client accounts – proactive, regular client communication, coordinate and execute assignments/projects, timelines and deadlines, ensuring agency exceeds KPIs and client satisfaction.
- Manage development and implementation of strategic pr/communications plan, continuously contributing new and creative ideas that gives client and agency an edge.
- Create mini plans for key initiatives, while keeping timelines and efforts organized through overlapping priorities.
- Deliver top-tier results, proactive media relations, securing impactful placements.
- Draft written materials, including press releases, memos, talking points, pitches, statements, Q&As, and more.
- Showcases a firm understanding of social media and recreational product trends.
- Identify and formulate partnerships with external brands to enhance client visibility and extend their PR reach, as appropriate.
- Lead client calls guiding strategic discussions and reporting on results.
- Present at in-person client and stakeholder meetings.
- Ability to pitch and collaborate with all editorial mediums on earned coverage opportunities.
- Holds established marine, powersports and lifestyle media relationships with the skills to develop new relationships using traditional and digital tools.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, marketing, business, or relevant focus
- 4+ years PR, communications, or journalism, or relevant field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a leader and team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office for Mac and Google Drive Apps
- Possesses excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail, AP level.
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to be creative while maintaining precision.
- A proven understanding of social media platforms such with an eye for emerging trends and a high comfort level with integration and content creation.
- Availability to travel, while juggling day-to-day tasks necessary to keep projects moving forward.
- Must be a Passionate and Experienced water sports enthusiast
- Strong planning and multi-project management ability.
- Licensed, safe driver
- Physical requirements – Able to work in non-climate-controlled environment. Able to lift 50 pounds if necessary. Safety sensitive situations.
Cherry on top:
- Can back up a boat trailer
- Has a motorcycle endorsement
- Habla español. Parle francais.
- Well-travelled, worldly, knows stuff
- Knows the difference between Cajun grouper and blackened salmon.
- Has run a 5K
- Work Remotely: Limited, 4:1
- Location: Melbourne, Florida
- Salary: $55K-$65K per year
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Additional financial and quality of life perks
LOOK at us:
LOOK Marketing is an award-winning, strategic marketing agency offering integrated communications and go-to-market services based on Florida’s Space Coast. Our team offers strategic brand building, promotional marketing efforts in the areas of storytelling, public relations, content creation, video production, retail and show merchandising design, and experiential event marketing. LOOK clients are global and local leaders in their segments, and they all sell fun… Passion rules, that’s how we roll.
LOOK Marketing is based in Melbourne, Florida with project-based staff in 14 states and two Canadian provinces.
Please send your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 07 2020
CAN-AM Spyder RT Experience Specialists
LOOK Marketing is searching for our next team of Spark Plugs to lead our experiential event execution of Can-Am Spyder RT Experience on the West Coast. We’re looking for engaging, driven, reliable, safety minded, handlebar vehicle loving human experience specialist.
The ‘West Coast’ Team will travel to BRP/Can-Am on-road dealers from San Diego to Seattle as Can-Am On-Road Specialists. The team will conduct dealer product training and provide an exceptional on-road experience for current and potential Can-Am Spyder RT owners/consumers. The ideal contracted candidates will be road warriors with a passion for travel and sharing that passion for the road with others.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SPECIALISTS’ RESPONSIBILITIES:
On-Road Experience Specialist Teams (two specialists per team)
- Manage mobile event package (Ram 2500 Crew Cab truck and 28’ enclosed Triton event trailer with four 2021 Can-Am demo units) maintaining event equipment and safely driving truck/trailer package from three-day dealership activation to dealership activation, this includes through Southern California traffic.
- Strategically manage tour team travel and ride logistics
- Lead group rides – specialists must have a motorcycle endorsement and have extensive experience (personal or professional) riding motorcycles or Can-Am on-road vehicles.
- Provide product training to dealership staff – we will train you.
- Strategically manage on-site operations at brand dealerships – brand-defining set-up, strategically design on-road experience, as a team.
- Manage registration and data capture equipment and lead post event reporting
- Engage consumers as a brand specialist – with expert product knowledge – we will train you.
- Portray the Spyder RT life – a tinge of gray and some experience wrinkles, with a few 1000 miles experience behind handlebars a plus.
- Must be a people person and enjoy living on the road for extended periods of time.
- Physically capable of lifting event equipment up to 100 pounds and working outside in occasional cold and hot conditions.
- Must have some Powersports Industry knowledge and MacGyver skills
West Coast Tour
- We are looking to fill our ‘West Coast’ tour that will run between January 25 – June 30. This includes a half week of product and safety production training in Florida January 17-20. Events are Thursday-Saturday with Sunday-Wednesday being travel, preparation and/or off days.
Experience Specialist Compensation:
- Team Specialists $1100-$1300 per week based on experience and ability
- All expense paid
- Performance bonuses
Integrity, Energy and Passion are required in that order! The experience specialist must be motivated to live and work in an ever-changing environment and deliver projects at an award-winning level our clients expect and deserve.
Get ready to leverage your passion for the road, meeting new people, sharing your love for recreational products. Dig into your creativity, and business acumen to take both our business and your career to new places. LOOK recognizes that talent is the key to its success. Bring your passion for providing exceptional customer experiences and join a dynamic team that values the entrepreneurial spirit!
Please forward your pitch and resume for our on-road Experience Specialist to Info@look-marketing.com.
Jul 28 2020
Internship with us and Learn
LOOK Marketing is accepting ‘pitches’ for our Spring and Summer Marketing Internship. You’ll work directly with our team of Spark Plugs to develop strategies and execute tactics to help our world class clients’ engines roar. Your opportunities for real world experience are at LOOK Marketing. No cliche internship here. You’ll work on and contribute to real projects. This is not a, ‘get me coffee,’ or take out the trash semester time filler. We are looking for the Spark Plugs with fire.
LOOK is an award-winning creative idea agency that has hosted over half a dozen young marketers with paid internships. As a result, some of our LOOK internship alumni have gone on to their dream jobs. Likewise others have joined our agency engine, such as Tyler Fischer, working into full time positions at LOOK. Space Coast is our home located near downtown Melbourne, Florida and we are looking to help launch your marketing, advertising, sales, and business career with real world experience.
Be LOOK’s Spark Plug Intern
We are specialists in numerous marketing promotion and communication services and you will be immersed in our integrated efforts. Our core services involve media & public relations, content creation and video production, experiential marketing and event planning, visual merchandising design, strategic branding, and creative ideation.
Do you have fire? Can you be our newest Spark Plug? Integrity, Energy and Passion are required in that order! Our interns must motivated to work in an ever-changing environment and have the mind-set to deliver projects at an award-winning level our clients expect and deserve.
Please forward your pitch and resume for LOOK’s Spark Plug Internship to Info@look-marketing.com.