Sep 08 2021
We’re looking for a marketing communications and PR professional who has passion and the magical ability to generate earned media in recreational product, lifestyle, machinery, and hospitality industries. Our ‘Spark Plug’ must be a good storyteller and have a passion for machines and experiences that move you physically and emotionally. We’re looking for a good person that will make our clients job easier and makes them say, “WOW.”
Our PR Spark Plug will be a strong point person to help lead our earned media and special project efforts to ensure people LOOK. Based on Florida’s Space Coast, we launch marketing efforts that span across North America. The brands we represent are strong, led by smart people and solid backing and support… It’s a cool gig for a pro with white-collar smarts and blue collar work ethic and deep pride. You need to love the accelerator and leading the pack, in business and life.
Description of the Communications & PR position responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, and maintains promotional communications activities and projects to keep the public informed of our clients’ stories, accomplishments, programs, and point of view; to include preparation and distribution of information, content creation leadership to ensure the public message/image is aligned with client strategies.
- Manage the client accounts – proactive, regular client communication, coordinate and execute assignments/projects, timelines and deadlines, ensuring agency exceeds KPIs and client satisfaction.
- Manage development and implementation of strategic pr/communications plan, continuously contributing new and creative ideas that gives client and agency an edge.
- Create mini plans for key initiatives, while keeping timelines and efforts organized through overlapping priorities.
- Deliver top-tier results, proactive media relations, securing impactful placements.
- Draft written materials, including press releases, memos, talking points, pitches, statements, Q&As, and more.
- Showcases a firm understanding of social media and recreational product trends.
- Identify and formulate partnerships with external brands to enhance client visibility and extend their PR reach, as appropriate.
- Lead client calls guiding strategic discussions and reporting on results.
- Present at in-person client and stakeholder meetings.
- Ability to pitch and collaborate with all editorial mediums on earned coverage opportunities.
- Holds established marine, powersports and lifestyle media relationships with the skills to develop new relationships using traditional and digital tools.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, marketing, business, or relevant focus
- 4+ years PR, communications, or journalism, or relevant field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a leader and team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office for Mac and Google Drive Apps
- Possesses excellent writing skills, with strong attention to detail, AP level.
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to be creative while maintaining precision.
- A proven understanding of social media platforms such with an eye for emerging trends and a high comfort level with integration and content creation.
- Availability to travel, while juggling day-to-day tasks necessary to keep projects moving forward.
- Must be a Passionate and Experienced water sports enthusiast
- Strong planning and multi-project management ability.
- Licensed, safe driver
- Physical requirements – Able to work in non-climate-controlled environment. Able to lift 50 pounds if necessary. Safety sensitive situations.
Cherry on top:
- Can back up a boat trailer
- Has a motorcycle endorsement
- Habla español. Parle francais.
- Well-travelled, worldly, knows stuff
- Knows the difference between Cajun grouper and blackened salmon.
- Has run a 5K
- Work Remotely: Limited, 4:1
- Location: Melbourne, Florida
- Salary: $55K-$65K per year
- Profit Sharing Bonuses
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Additional financial and quality of life perks
LOOK at us:
LOOK Marketing is an award-winning, strategic marketing agency offering integrated communications and go-to-market services based on Florida’s Space Coast. Our team offers strategic brand building, promotional marketing efforts in the areas of storytelling, public relations, content creation, video production, retail and show merchandising design, and experiential event marketing. LOOK clients are global and local leaders in their segments, and they all sell fun… Passion rules, that’s how we roll.
LOOK Marketing is based in Melbourne, Florida with project-based staff in 14 states and two Canadian provinces.
Please send your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb 14 2020
Public Relations is the marketing communications art of having people tell your story to audiences of people that you want to hear it. There’s science and best practices behind good PR and there’s also knowing what’s a questionable seed of an opportunity and fertilizing it properly to watch it grow it into a redwood forrest. In today’s media landscape that seed of a story can turn into a forrest in hours, or even minutes. That’s called PR gold, when your brand story goes viral.
In the later half of last summer we were sent a seed of a PR opportunity via e-mail for our BFF client Sea-Doo watercraft. Mr. David Pike of Jersey City, NJ sent an e-mail about an opportunity to do something unique on a Sea-Doo and that the media may pick up on. Now, as the PR agency for the global, industry leading personal watercraft brand for the past 15 years, we get dozens of, “great ideas” every year about how people can promote Sea-Doo through exotic, sometimes crazy rides. We do our due diligence on everyone of them. LOOK makes sure we don’t miss that hidden, golden nugget. Nearly all of the ‘pitches’ are passed on for various reasons; no plan, lacking physical skill, no experience, not thought out, doesn’t understand what the media are interested in, doesn’t understand brand positioning, or is simply so wacky you wonder what bar stool they were sitting on when the idea developed.
the golden seed.
David Pike was one of the rare idea guys that actually had a solid, and very doable idea. Pike is smart, business savvy, and simply found a better way to commute around New York City. And at the same time live the Sea-Doo Life. For years he was commuting 90-minutes each way from his home in Jersey City to his business, The New York Trolley Company, in Brooklyn, New York. That’s an hour and a half each way or three-hours out of each day lost simply getting from one point to another.
Pike, sick of the grind and losing his time looked at a map. He realized a straight shot across New York Harbor is less than three-miles. This is where his e-mail to us comes in. He figured out how to beat the NYC Commute by riding a Sea-Doo from his condo with a private marina in Jersey City, past the Statue of Liberty and to his office in Brooklyn. He would cut his commute down to 20-minutes door-to-door and do it with a smile as he lived the ‘Sea-Doo life’ everyday.
It all fit. David is a good looking, young entrepreneur with a young family and figured out how to make his life better by riding a Sea-Doo to work. Great story right? Right. After a few weeks of commuting via Sea-Doo the New York Media (the biggest in the country) were, ah hum, informed of his ‘system beating’ commute. Then ABC called and the 2:57 segment aired on Good Morning America and the ‘seed’ exploded. Pike on his Sea-Doo smiling and cruising by lady liberty was picked up by The New York Post, CBS Radio, Yahoo News, CNBC, the Wall Street Journal and more.
David’s NYC Sea-Doo Life Commute went viral…Public Relations Gold.
Neptune Award for Best Public Relations
At the 2020 Miami International Boat Show LOOK Marketing won two Neptune Awards. One for Best Public Relations. The Neptune Awards are presented by the Marine Marketers of America organization to celebrate the best marketing campaigns and activations in the Marine Industry. These are LOOK Marketing’s fifth and sixth Neptune Awards, and includes wins in five different marketing categories.
Great PR includes great story telling. David Pike’s Sea-Doo life was unique, engaging and relatable for so many New Yorkers. He had a great story to tell and the media of NYC loved sharing it. It would’ve been easy for us to delete his short e-mail as ‘another dude with a crazy idea,’ yet we studied that seed, fertilized it and low and behold it grew bigger than we ever expected. Every person and every brand has a story. Tell your story. And if you need help. #lookatus
Feb 25 2018
LOOK Marketing was awarded their fourth Neptune Award by the Marine Marketers of America during the recent 2018 Miami International Boat Show. LOOK Marketing received the award for Best B2B Marketing for the excellent work performed for the Club BRP/Sea-Doo Dealer Test Ride Experience. The experiential event resulted in the highest wholesale orders of Sea-Doo watercraft in over a decade.
“Being recognized by the Marine Marketers of America for industry best work for the forth time in four years is a humbling honor,” said LOOK president Tim McKercher. “We are very thankful to do award-winning work for client BRP/Sea-Doo, the global leader in watercraft sales. LOOK is proud to have won four Neptune awards in four different categories, showcasing our integrated capabilities.”
LOOK delivered the objective of the Sea-Doo Dealer Test Ride Experience. The event design and execution provided an engaging and exciting experience for global dealers that led to wholesale orders for 2018 Sea-Doo watercraft.
The Experience – Dealers began the experience with a brief, expectation-setting video during a bus ride to the product trial site. Once on-site LOOK executed a brand message “Escape the Everyday” immersion with ambassador and product expert engagement. Dealers learned about the new models’ innovations and key messages with interactive product walk-arounds and brand immersive meals. The event culminated with rides on the new watercraft models. The experience format design showcased product strengths and capabilities. Nearly 900 dealers from around the globe test rode the new 2018 Sea-Doo models. The 900 dealers in attendance experienced over 2100 individual rides incident free over the two-day event.
Learn more about LOOK Marketing, the LOOK team or any of the services offered by contacting us email@example.com
Feb 11 2016
Miami, Florida – LOOK Marketing was honored by the Marine Marketers of America with two Neptune Awards for Best Video and Best Social Media of 2015 in the $50 billion marine industry. The Neptune Awards were presented to LOOK in front of the elite of the marine industry at the NMMA Industry Breakfast to begin the Miami International Boat Show. These are the second and third Neptune Awards won by LOOK marketing for their work with the Sea-Doo Watercraft brand.
LOOK, in collaboration with Fiction, brings ultra targeted creative to BRP that tells the Sea-Doo story in a manner that talks directly to the intended audience. This explains the science behind the NEXT LEVEL of performance watercraft riding fun.
We focused on key messages to build video assets that complimented the overall promotional effort. We looked at how we can produce videos that connect and drive launch and promotional efforts such as; press intro, dealer meeting, boat shows, special events, dealer showrooms, social channels, but most importantly to the online, video watching consumer.
The Science of Fun
From design, to testing, to production, to the on-water experience – this concept is motion graphics driven and tracks linearly from the concept phase through to the user experience – reading like a modern blueprint.
We focus on the people that bring their passion for product progression to the job everyday. We focus on the science behind their work and how the new technologies come to life for a better product experience.
The overlaying motion graphics evolve from the science to the user experience. There it highlights aspects of the fun being had in the same execution, with the same scientific look at the rider experience – like an objective study of the machine itself and the payoff, the fun.
This video series lays the foundation providing the PROOF of why to believe these new models are BETTER.
BEST SOCIAL MEDIA
This campaign was developed and executed in partnership with Cramer-Krasselt. We asked fans to, “Show Us How You #SPARKSOMEFUN” to win the Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party that would be filmed by YouTube star videographer Devin Super Tramp intended to create something to talk about and promote – a share-of-voice tool for the Sea-Doo SPARK and full line of Sea-Doo models leading into the selling season. The effort must have a “hook” element for media and consumers and should be integrated across multiple mediums to maximize limited budget.
The Spring Push campaign included a three tiered approach.
- Five week photo/video sweepstakes beginning on March 24th – Devin Supertramp asked fans to show how they would #SPARKSOMEFUN via uploading a photo or video to a dedicated aggregator app in hopes to become one of the top five finalists and win the grand prize. – Tier One Results – collected over 40K unique visitors and collected over 2500 leads.
- Five finalists were chosen and forwarded to the second level of the sweepstakes, to a five day fan vote to determine the winner. The winner received a new Sea-Doo SPARK and trailer, plus an all expense paid trip for he and two friends to be part of the filming of the Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party. – Tier Two Results – collected over 46K unique visitors
- LOOK produced an actual Ultimate Sea-Doo Beach Party with Devin Super Tramp video capturing the May day and launched June 15th to extend the effort, and reach his massive fan base as the next generation of boaters.
- Tier Three Results – Devin’s videos received over 700K views on YouTube with over 1600 shares, reach of 450K on Facebook, and in total generated content for over 100 posts over five months.
Among nearly 100 entires from the biggest brands and agencies in the marine industry, these two entries from Melbourne, Florida based LOOK Marketing were chosen as the best. #BESEEN
Thank you to BRP and the Sea-Doo marketing team for allowing LOOK to work on such an inspiring and fun global brand – Julie Tourville, Kim Turcotte, Marc-Olivier Drouin, Hector Rodriguez, – Next Level Video Talent – Henrique Rosa, Allen Walker, Christian Stiebinger, Jacques Mayrand, Kim Ross, Patrick Raffelsberger, Erminio Iantosca, and Anya Colley. The Fiction crew of Josh McWilliams, Matt Staker, and Nick Sambrato and Jordy Klein. – Social Media – Dave Racine of Cramer Krasselt and Devin Grahm (Devin Super Tramp). And of course the LOOK team – Cody Hawkins, Bianca Blottie, Christos Meimaroglou, and Mark Quavillon.