Dec 07 2022
LOOK Marketing is in search of new, strategic eyes and hands for our growing merchandising design and retail environment reset services to support our industry leading powersport client in the USA and Canada
The specialist will support our ongoing merchandising services growth; LOOK is seeking a Visual Merchandising Spark Plug to lead a variety of merchandising buildouts and resets for our industry leading client’s powersport / motorsport dealerships.
You will directly report to the LOOK Director of Show and Retail Design / Visual Merchandising
- Lead the on-site execution of powersports, in-dealership merchandising set-ups and resets according to a provided brand direction and your strategic creativity. (no planogram).
- Ensure a seamless approach is taken to support the in-dealership customer experience, linking brand/merchandise presentation and retail creative across different locations.
- Strategize with LOOK and Client stake holders to determine approach to on-brand/product positioning
- Lead efforts at multiple sites in multiple states/provinces, in the creation and implementation of creative brand/merchandise presentation concepts and techniques that promote an exciting shopping environment for customers, and drives revenue
- Communicate effectively, ensure timely, consistent communication with all lines of business
- Strategically plan/manage multiple projects simultaneously, anticipating obstacles, determining solutions ensuring deadlines are met
- Pre-visit planning with client, LOOK specialist, and dealership to ensure on-site design efficiency
- Logically and strategically plan travel throughout North America (need passport)
- Steward budgets, ensuring optimal use of available funds, maintaining timely & accurate reporting
You Have :
- 6+ years experience and in-depth knowledge of Visual Merchandising of recreational products in the powersports and/or recreational products industry, retail product presentation, and display window design and stylizing.
- Savvy regarding Visual Merchandising industry trends, vendors, materials and design elements
- Demonstrate consistent and high-quality work ethic
- Have project management and organizational skills; must be proficient in time management with a focus on managing multiple tasks, assigning priorities, and meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Proficient at adjusting an established strategy to fit differing physical retail environments and differing inventory collections
- Proven ability to build working relationships, influence all levels by being knowledgeable and credible
- Exhibit personal and professional excellence with the ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential, sensitive information
- Experience Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and/or Google drive and docs
- Travelled extensively and are comfortable with extended, multi-stop presentation builds. Need to be flexible even if it is project based.
- Driven to tell a brand story through display presentation – comprehension of specific client brand positioning .
- Solution-oriented, passionate about merchandising and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Minimum six years of Retail and Merchandising experience in Powersports and/or Recreational Products
This is a project based, contract position paying premium rates for premium work. Full brand and product training included (brand knowledge expectations are high and mandatory to merchandise properly), company cc included for travel and resources. Work is remote with occasional in-person training and/or meetings. Bases in US Mid-West, Central Florida, or ATL area would be ideal yet not mandatory.
Integrity, Energy, Professionalism, and Passion are required in that order! The individual must be motivated to work in powersport environments that are undergoing a merchandising modernization revolution. Work for a small, specialized agency delivering projects at a best-in-class level. Must be driven to deliver projects that make impact on our client’s dealership businesses and ours. Bottom line, do you want to be a part of something special and do something you love?
Get ready to leverage your creativity and organizational skills, and love of powersports to take your career experiences to the next level. LOOK recognizes that talent is the key to all success. Bring your passion for providing exceptional customer experiences and join a dynamic team that values the entrepreneurial spirit and is dedicated to doing things right.
#LOOKatUS: LOOK is a strategic marketing agency offering a range of integrated communications and go-to-market services based on Florida’s Space Coast. LOOK offers strategic brand building, promotional marketing efforts in the areas of public relations, content creation (creative, video production and photography), retail and show merchandising design and experiential event marketing.
Please forward your pitch and resume for our Merchandising Specialist to Info@look-marketing.com.
Jan 14 2016
It’s a busy time for LOOK as we enter 2016. We are assisting with PR and event leveraging at North America’s largest boat shows, planning some big event marketing and big time visual merchandising projects and immersing our newest spark plug and social media specialist, Carmen Natschke into our world. There is a lot going on and everything we can do to be more efficient is appreciated.
During the New York Boat Show we were passing time by talking to some sales managers and they were explaining their boss’, “one word answer Friday,” policy.
Avi Laub is a regional sales director for BRP in the North East and has a rule for his team who send him e-mails or texts on a Friday. They can only send a question that can be answered in one word – yes, no, or maybe. “I don’t want to dick around on a Friday,” Avi exclaims. “This forces people to think through their question at a deeper level, forcing them to be more clear and concise. Or ideally they figure out the answer before they ask the question.”
Avi concludes, “If I can’t answer with Yes, No, or Maybe, they need to go back and rethink their question…on Monday.”
We like the idea and the result even more. It’s the simple second grade, “do you like me” note strategy. But lets not save this policy for Fridays only. It’s kind of like the wasted, “Weekends are made for Michelob,” campaign, isn’t it good enough for everyday of the week? Think things through and this is very relevant for your branding and communications. Avoid throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks. Think your strategies through, integrate efforts and use logical tactics to make true progress.